Over a ten year period through dialogue, collaboration and a school visitation system the DentEd Thematic Network Projects promoted convergence towards acceptable standards of dental and stomatological education, training and service to the ultimate benefit of the community. This project is now complete and the work transferred to the Graduating European Dentist Project.
The objectives of Task Forces established during the third phase of the project DentEd III (2004-2007) are set out below.
- To develop an agreed profile of the European dentist;
- To develop an agreed approach on competences and curriculum structure;
- To develop an agreed approach to the implementation of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS);
- To convene a Global Congress on dental education in 2007;
- To ensure the continuation of the work of the DentEd TNP by merging its activities with those of ADEE.
Since September 2007 these Taskforces are facilitated by ADEE.
Profile and Competences for the Graduating European Dentist
Curriculum Structure, Content, Learning & Assessment in European Undergraduate Dental Education
Task Force III
Benchmarking & Quality Assurance
Task Force IV
Global Congress on Dental Education
Task Force VI