ADEE GSK Preventative Oral Health in Society Award
Drawing on our three year experience with delivery of the Dentistry in Society Scholarship project, ADEE and GSK are now taking a more focused approach to the delivery of our collaborative project. Given that the concept of Dentistry in Society is so broad and a challenge to many institution particularly in Eastern Europe, from 2021 onwards the awards will be more focused and specific in nature. For 2021 we will deliver the ADEE GSK Preventative Oral Health in Society Award, which would identify and highlight projects of particular interest that embrace the concepts of preventative health promotion, and public health elements of the curriculum experience.
We are particularly interested in applications which demonstrate how the institution emphaises the role of Preventative Oral healthcare by:
- incorporating within their curriculum and practice
- encouraging students to appreciate aspects such as local and regional health needs, their variations and implications of health economics and how this impacts perceptions on prevtative dental care
- encouraging a whole health approach within their curriculum including but not limited to encouraging inter professional care and the role this plays in prevtative oral healthcare
- including local population prevention needs within their curriculum and encourage students to take a holistic approach to defining and delivering patient care
- ensuring health promotion (oral and whole health) is not only encouraged but facilitated through the curriculum and how such activities within the curriculum is impacting on local populations
- encouraging an ethos of equity of access within their students practice
- integrating wider oral and public health issues within their curriculum
Thanks to the generous support of GSK a financial pool if €5,000 is being made available for distrubution.
This award is in recognition of work and projects that have been completed and that can demonstrate impacts in the area of interest or that are planned and alreday self financed. Delivery fo the prject shoudl not be dependent upon receipt of this award.
To be eligible for consideration applicants must demonstrate that they have:
- Clearly demonstrate the projects aims and objective and how they have been achieved or will be monitored
- Provide evidence of associated costings
- Provide evidence of the promotion of the project and its impact
- Provide a clear rationale for the project and how this will enable the ethos of preventative oral helathcare within society
- Applictaions are only open to ADEE instutional members
- Applicants must have the written support of the Dean or Head of school