CEST (Madrid, Paris, Berlin)
In 2019 for the first time a session was organized during ADEE, exploring assessment procedures for Non EU dentists for registration in the EU.
The EU countries show a wide variation of procedures for recognition of dental degrees from outside the EU. Few countries have a specific assessment procedure, others validate the certificates and working experience of the applying dentist.
Registration in one European country + subsequent 3 years of clinical working experiences, provides access to other European countries. Some countries have additional conditions such as language and continuous education requirements.
This group aims to gain further insight in the existing procedures and to look for opportunities to converge the various approaches aiming to increase transparency of policies and procedures.
During this working group a few examples of assessment procedures will be presented including content, efforts, costs and outcomes for candidates and organizations.
The discussion aims to focus on the following subjects:
- Number of applications in the various countries
- Creating more knowledge on the variety of procedures within the EU
- Are there opportunities to improve the procedures learning from each other
- Should we look for more cooperation within the EU and with the EU
Participation in this session enables delegates:
- Gain greater understand of the GED curriculum and how it can guide curriculum development
- Appreciate the experiences of others of implementing national and European guidelines
- Openly discuss the challenges of curriculum mapping exercises