Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide ADEE members and annual meeting delegates with a valuable opportunity to share and explore particular areas of focus and interest. SIGs have evolved into a core element of the annual meeting and have grown in number and attendance in recent years.
Each Special Interest Group has a designated chair or chairs, pre agreed aims and objectives and a defined lifetime. In 2014 a new initiative saw the Special Interest Group chairs meet formally with the ADEE executive as a core ADEE stakeholder group so as to evolve the work of the Special Interest Groups.
Members have expressed the desire that the work of the Special Interest Groups be made more widely available and disseminated. In addition they wished the work of the SIG to be enabled and continued in between meetings through the creation of a Special Interest Groups webpage and in some case an online discussion forum.
Want to start a SIG? Download our guidelines below.
Within these webpages you will find details of the 11 SIGs which are currently active:
- Teacher feedback and student learning: a European perspective
- Wellbeing and resilience in dental education
- Assessment procedures for Non EU dentists for registration in EU
These pages list SIGs that have concluded their activities:
- A different approach: A hands-on Preventive dentistry curriculum
- ADEE-ADEA cooperation
- Aesthet(h)ics dentistry: Medical vs. Ethical Aspects of multidisciplinary treatment in the under- and postgraduate education
- Biomedical Sciences in Dentistry; Developing a Contemporary Core Curriculum
- Categorising learning outcomes for operative pre-clinical skills
- Clinical Skills Teaching
- Competence Assessment
- Communication and Health Behaviour Change Education (CHBCed)
- Current and future research needs to assess the effectiveness of video dentistry
- Dental Educators On the Move
- EDHF Common Education Framework – Harmonisation of Dental Hygiene education in Europe
- EDSA Education Objectives
- EDSA research
- Ethics and Law in dentistry
- General Medicine and Surgery in Dentistry
- Global Health and social accountability
- Implant Dentistry University Education
- Learning Analytics in European Dental Education (LAEDE)
- Life Long Learning
- Life Long Learning - The end of CPD as we know it? Welcome changes ahead?
- New and Emerging Technologies in Dental Education
- Monitoring & Assessment in undergraduate Endodontology; towards a European standard
- Special Care Dentistry
- Transition to clinical training in dentistry: The pre-clilnical/clinical gap
- Virtual Reality in Dental Education