Special Interest Groups (SIGs) provide ADEE members and annual meeting delegates with a valuable opportunity to share and explore particular areas of focus and interest. SIGs have evolved into a core element of the annual meeting and have grown in number and attendance in recent years.
Each Special Interest Group has a designated chair or chairs, pre agreed aims and objectives and a defined lifetime. In 2014 a new initiative saw the Special Interest Group chairs meet formally with the ADEE executive as a core ADEE stakeholder group so as to evolve the work of the Special Interest Groups.
Members have expressed the desire that the work of the Special Interest Groups be made more widely available and disseminated. In addition they wished the work of the SIG to be enabled and continued in between meetings through the creation of a Special Interest Groups webpage and in some case an online discussion forum.
Want to start a SIG? Download our guidelines bellow.
Within these webpages you will find details of the 11 SIGs which are currently active:
- Communication and Health Behaviour Change Education (CHBCed)
- EDSA Education Objectives
- General Medicine and Surgery in Dentistry
- Global Health and social accountability
- Aesthet(h)ics dentistry: Medical vs. Ethical Aspects of multidisciplinary treatment in the under- and postgraduate education
- Teacher feedback and student learning: a European perspective
- Wellbeing and resilience in dental education
- Learning Analytics in European Dental Education (LAEDE)
- Categorising learning outcomes for operative pre-clinical skills
- Life Long Learning - The end of CPD as we know it? Welcome changes ahead?
- Assessment procedures for Non EU dentists for registration in EU
These pages list SIGs that have concluded their activities:
- ADEE-ADEA cooperation
- Competence Assessment
- EDHF Common Education Framework – Harmonisation of Dental Hygiene education in Europe
- Clinical Skills Teaching
- A different approach: A hands-on Preventive dentistry curriculum
- New and Emerging Technologies in Dental Education
- EDSA research
- Biomedical Sciences in Dentistry; Developing a Contemporary Core Curriculum
- Current and future research needs to assess the effectiveness of video dentistry
- Ethics and Law in dentistry
- Special Care Dentistry
- Monitoring & Assessment in undergraduate Endodontology; towards a European standard
- Transition to clinical training in dentistry: The pre-clilnical/clinical gap
- Dental Educators On the Move
- Implant Dentistry University Education
- Life Long Learning
- Virtual Reality in Dental Education