Oral Health education is continuously evolving in all its dimensions. With the evolution of technology, artificial intelligence and biological-clinical research new problems are emerging in an ethical perspective.
Oral Health instructors have to deal with these ethical problems on an educational level to ensure academic integrity is respected and on a clinical level in their research and chairside day to day practice.
This session Aims and Objectives:
- Explore the challenges that are arising in the new era of Oral Health
- Explore the challenges in Oral Health education and research
- Collect best practice and explore opportunities and implications in the following domains: Oral health, dentistry, education, and research.
- Co-construct with attending members, a timetable, and long-term plan of action for the SIG.
- Publish the results collected and recommendations in one or more publications
|15:45||Welcome & Introduction|
|15:55||Oral presentation by the sig chair on what we know on ethics in daily practice ( clinical dentistry and research)|
|16:15||Q& A by the audience and collection of clinical situations and potential best practice.|
|16:35||Presentation on ethics and academic integrity in educational setting and educational research (Dr Jean-Michel Saade|
|16:55||Q& A on daily problems and potential best practice in light of the presentation|
|17:10||Next steps and closing remarks:|